CONTEST CATEGORIES and PRIZES:
- Costume Contest among schools both public and private school (Nursery through 1st Grade)Best in Costume (Girl pupil) – 5,000 worth of SM Gift CertificatesBest in Costume (Boy pupil) - 5,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates
Best in Costume (Female Teacher) – 3,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates
Best in Costume (Male Teacher) – 3,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates
- Most No. of Participants/students in Costume – 10,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates
UN Day Costume Contest Mechanics:
- Said contests are open to all public and private schools: preschool, nursery, prep and kindergarten and first grade
- Schools must submit filled out registration form to Mall Marketing Dept on or before October 13, 2012, 6PM.
- Participating students’ parents to sign waiver
- Each participant must be:
- in full costume (of the nation he/she is representing)
- holding a flag of the country he/she is representing
- wearing a sash with the name of the country being represented
- having a number pinned on the participant’s sash
- Only students of preschool, nursery, prep, kindergarten and grade one are allowed to join in this contest.
- Participating school must join the Parade
- The parade route will be determined by Mall Marketing and will culminate at the Event Center where the presentation and awarding will be held.
- Parade must start at 2PM; after the parade, the participants will be introduced on stage per school and in groups of 10 for presentation to the judges.
- For the Student With The Best UN Costume contest, the criteria for judging are as follows:
- Adherence to country being represented (Is the participant wearing the appropriate costume of the country he/she is representing? Are all parts/items of the costume relevant and coherent?) – 30%
- Creativity (Mix and match of apparel and accessories which still adhere to the country being represented)– 30%
- Effort (intricacy of design; more accessories, more props, etc. - which augment the aesthetic aspect of the costume)– 20%
- Overall Appeal – 20%