MECHANICS FOR JOINING MY CUISINE COOKOUT CHALLENGE:
1. Readers of the Philippine Star and SM shoppers can submit their recipes, which have been pre-selected from the provinces.
2. Interested participants can email their version of the recipe together with their name, address and occupation at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also you can submit these to the SM Corporate office, or at SM City Marilao Admin Office c/o Publicity Department. The recipes should be for a serving of six.
3. One entrée and one dessert will be selected from each province, and contestants can submit either or both recipes. (For Bulacan SM Malls: Pancit Marilao for main course / Any Pastillas Dessert for dessert).
4. There will be a pre-judging, and a total of ten (10) finalists will compete in the cook out – 5 for the entrée and 5 for the dessert.
5. Winners will be selected on the following criteria:
30% - Faithfulness to the original recipe or dish
40% - Taste
15% - Use of ingredients
15% - Presentation
6. There will be two (2) winners selected from each city, one for the entrée and one for the dessert. They will each receive P5,000 worth of SM GCs. Finalists will receive a gift pack from SM Homeworld.
Deadline for submission of entries is on August 12, 2011.