SM CITY MARILAO - SM CITY BALIWAG - SM SUPERCENTER VALENZUELA
The cheerdance competition is open to all schools/colleges/universities' pep squad. The Pep squads should be made up of 100% full time students. Group participants must submit certification from the school registrar. *All participants are requested to submit a COMPLETE set of requirements.
- Cheer Dance teams must consist of male and/or female (dancers), numbering a minimum of twenty (20) and a maximum of thirty (30). A maximum of five (5) members may be added who shall solely act as either a spotter or props man for the team.
- The additional five (5) members must wear all black uniform, t-shirt, pants and shoes.
- Each school can have only one (1) participating group.
- Each squad will perform a 10-minute routine utilizing jumps, dance, cheers, creativity, stunts and transitions. Guidelines for the routine are listed below. Strict compliance with all rules is required.
- The signed waiver, eco bag official receipt and letter of invitation to the school with the member's school registration forms must be submitted on or before November 19, 2010.
- Each school participant should avail of fifty (50) pieces SM Supermalls Eco Bags as entry to the competition.
- SM Jingle must be part of the routine.
- The decision of the Board of Judges is final, uncontestable and executory.
- The organizer has the right to change or alter any of the above-mentioned mechanics for whatever purpose it may serve them.
Each of the mall’s elimination will be composed of two categories:
* High School
- Routine minimum time limit is eight (8) minutes and maximum time limit is twelve (12) minutes.
- Timing begins in the first beat of music, voices in unison, or choreographed movement after the team is announced on the floor.
- Exceeding the official maximum time limit or not meeting the minimum time limit will mean a 10-point deduction for the team's score.
BEGINNING OF ROUTINE
- Routine must begin within the performance area.
- The team will be allowed to set up poms and signs prior to the start.
- The team might not begin the routine in a pyramid or stunt.
MUSIC AND DANCE
The team's music can be segmented throughout the routine or played at one time. It is a requirement to bring two (2) CDs of the music - for use and a back up. A representative of the pep squad will be the one who will start and stop the music.
The team is not allowed outside the performance area after they begin their routine.
ENDING OF ROUTINE
Timing will stop when the squad comes to a complete final stationary position or final beat of music. Failing to make the end of the routine clear may result in additional time being deducted.
Degree of Difficulty- Lifts/Stunts/Pyramids/Dance Techniques - 40%
Choreography, Formation and Synchronization - 20%
Overall Effectiveness-Tosses/Jumps/Tumbling Skills - 20%
SM Jingle Routine - 10%
Audibility/Clarity - 5%
Uniforms/Props - 5%
TOTAL - 100%
WINNERS PER MALL
Two (2) squads from each category will represent the 3 malls on the Grand Finals on November 28, 2010
SM City Baliwag - November 20, 2010
SM Supercenter Valenzuela - November 21, 2010
SM City Marilao - November 20, 2010
Grand Finals: SM City Marilao - November 28, 2010
P10,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates for the 2 winners per category
P2,000 worth of Gift Certificates consolation prize for non-winners
P30,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates for 1st prize
P20,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates for 2nd prize
P10,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates for 3rd prize
*These prizes will be per category winner
In the event that the group fails to win in the mall they first joined in, they are still entitled to participate at any other malls who will still have their eliminations. However, another set of the needed requirements should be submitted to the mall they will participate again.